We know a lot of you are keen to get back dancing as are we to get back teaching you all!
We are still facing challenges globally meaning adjustments to the way we teach have to be implemented for everyone’s safety. Please see below as a way of an update on plans for NuSteps Dance to keep everyone as safe as we can.
Private lessons - currently we will only be offering private lessons in Hockley.
- Face masks/coverings to be worn when entering and leaving the studio
- Hands to be sanitised when entering and leaving the studio
- Maximum of 2 students per teacher, therefore a maximum of 6 people in the studio at one time.
- Face masks can be worn by teachers for the lesson at your request (as of this date this is not a compulsory requirement set by the government), but we want to make people feel as safe as we can
Children's and adult group classes in Ilkeston, Awsworth and Hockley.
Please take a look at our timetable to see what classes we offer.
- A booking system and contact details taken for each class to control numbers per class, based on size of studio/hall
- Face mask/coverings to be worn when entering and leaving the studio/hall (not needed for children 5 years and under)
- Hand sanitising required when entering and leaving the studio/hall
- Social distancing: unless from the same household/bubble
- 1 way system for entering and leaving the studio/hall
- 15 minute gaps between classes to allow for cleaning of touch points
We have based these guidelines from guidance we have been provided by the government, IDTA (international Dance Teachers Association) and BDC (British Dance council).
It is understandable that some of you are possibly unsure, anxious, nervous whether to return to classes or not, but hope these guidelines give you some reassurance. Considering this we thought it a good idea to create a short questionnaire just to find out who would be interested in returning to group classes and when. Could you please take a few minutes to fill it in for us so we can all get back to what we love doing (see link for questionnaire below). If you have any questions please just message us and we will do our best to put your mind at ease.
We want to still give you all the enjoyment of dance, but we have to continue to adhere to government, BDC and IDTA guidelines and strict measures to ensure everyone's safety.
Please note: If you or any of your family have symptoms of Covid-19 please contact us and DO NOT attend any of our private lessons or classes